Thursday 25 January 2018

In Sewing News Today...

Sewing has been minimal around here. Life has been busy and throw in a cold, I've been meh about sewing. Until now... 


I picked up this pattern, Vogue 1567, last year when it came out and I had plans to make it to wear to Christmas festivities but plans change and it fell to the side as gift sewing took priority. It's back on the table as this weekend is the start of the New Music Festival, my favourite time of the year, and I feel like dressing up for the occasion.  


Best part, it's rated "easy" and I have think I can pull off an "easy" project before Saturday night. But the question remains, how is a pattern that calls for a Hong Kong finish applied to the seams rated "easy"?

I do have enough fabric to cut bias strips but I'm thinking that I might skip this classic and beautiful seam finish in order to save time. I'm thinking about finishing the seam on the serger instead. Right now I'm pressing my fabric and thinking what the heck am I thinking? Even though I love this red plaid silk and pattern does list silk satin and taffeta as suitable fabric choices, this beautiful silk might be too lightweight for a January event. STOP THE PRESSING!  

So now, my fabric choice has changed. Stay tuned.  

In other sewing news, Vogue patterns released their new spring patterns last night. And just like the McCall's Early Spring release, I'm meh about it as well. There is nothing that has my creative juices working overtime like this Paco Peralta pattern, Vogue 1567, from a previous release.  Hmmm, maybe that's it, there wasn't any new Paco Peralta designs in this release.   

Well, that's all in sewing news today.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...