Friday 8 December 2017

Make Something Week: Repairing Is Caring!

As Make Something Week continues yesterday morning's prompt was to repair items that we already own and to share it on Instagram. Goodness knows, I'm not a fan of mending or alterations. If I knew I would be challenged to mend during this week I don't know that I would have been so quick to sign up for this challenge. Kidding. Somewhat. I might not be overly excited about mending but it does feel good when the task is done.  


I repaired these tights that I wore once a couple of months ago. I wasn't about to throw them out after one wear. A little Fray Check™, some silk thread and a recycled light bulb did the trick. But wait, it didn't stop there!  


This shirt has been sitting in my closet for awhile. It would often make it out and onto my body only to be thrown on the bed as I tried to find something else to wear because it was a bit snug around the mid-section.  
  

I removed the front tucks and it's nice to be able to move in this shirt. I know I'll be wearing this shirt again and I think I might have to revisit out-of-print McCall's 8943 now that it fits well without the tucks.  

Happy Sewing!  

4 comments:

  1. Removing the tucks is such a smart idea to make it a nice casual wearable top. And nice job mending those tights. They are too expensive to replace constantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I need tops to go to interviews so it's nice to have this back in the rotation. And yes, tights are too expensive to not mend.

      Delete
  2. People think I am a bit crazy. I darn woolen socks, and have been known to turn a collar or two.

    Hmmm, I will have to remember the removing tuck trick.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Some people in my life think I'm crazy to darn socks. Especially if they are good wool socks, I think I would be crazy not to (those toasty warm SmartWool brand are pricey!).

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...