Friday 28 July 2017

The Most Comfortable Dress EVER!

Seriously, it's the third version of the Eva dress by Tessuti patterns and I can't get enough, it's that comfortable. I wouldn't mind making one more with some silk sitting in my stash. But I digress... 


This latest version is made with a light-weight cotton that I picked up this past spring. It's perfect for the current hot weather. I found this lovely paper thin fabric in the clearance section at Fabricland marked down at 70% off and fell for the yellow and orange and some other colour (kidding the burgundy in there is nice too). Despite it lightness, it is not a sheer fabric which make it a perfect fabric to wear for those hot and humid days.  It was pre-washed in the washing machine followed with a tumble through the dryer and then a pressing. It handled the pretreatment process without any issues but I did notice that it is prone to wrinkling and handled the heat of the iron well.  

The pattern is divine. Do I really need to continue to gush over this pattern? If I had a whole closet full of Eva dresses, I would be happy just wearing them for the rest of my life. It's that comfortable. But that would make for a boring sewing blog so I promise to move on. Soon. Ish. I'm kidding, the Lily dress, another Tessuti Pattern, is next on my radar.  

I did make one small change to the design with this version. I narrowed the neckline by an inch and it's now I don't feel like I'm flashing everyone if I bend over.  And there is still enough room for it to remain a pullover dress.   


This is the only version that I made bias tape with the fashion fabric. I also used Knit-N-Stitch tape around the neckline as I did in the first version but my stitching around this area is not as clean. The sewing machine needle that I had used during this section was not the best and when I changed it to a finer needle, size 11, it was a great improvement. I continued to used the Tessuti ribbon as labels saving the ones that came with the patterns. 


The Stats:  

Fabric:  3 metres 

Pattern:  The Eva dress by Tessuti Patterns

Needle:  An universal size 11 for the sewing machine

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Sewing machine, screwdriver, serger, silk pins, scissors, thread clipper, measuring tape, measuring gauge, ruler, bias tape maker, iron, ironing board, pin cushions, good tunes, many breaks, and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. I used the same fabric to make a summer dress as well. Love it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I've made it twice as well, then moved on to Lily. With or without sleeves, Lily is my new favorite...I added about 4-5" to the length and am working on number 4.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...