Saturday 3 June 2017

I Can't Stop Sewing...

It seems like I can't stop sewing tee-shirts. I'm still quite happy with Vogue 9057 so why not?  


And now that I know I like the fit of this pattern, there is no fear of cutting into the cotton knits from my stash. This cotton knit is the cat's meow. It is a light-weight cotton knit that I found at my local Fabricland store. It is the perfect weight to make knickers but I made this taupe coloured tee-shirt to wear with a skirt I made a couple of years ago which I just didn't seem to have anything to wear with it. 


I like that the colour of this knit matches the decorative ribbon that is part of the skirt. Now that the weather is hot and summer-like, I'm happy that I now can pull together a warm-weather outfit.  


The best part of these tee-shirts is how neatly the neckline and hems are finished. I couldn't have achieved this neckline without using Knit-N-Stable™ tape.  It is a 100% polyester stretchy fusible seam tape and it gives the edges some structure allowing for a clean finish. If you can find this in your local store, I would highly recommend picking some up. I don't know how I lived without it. Oh yeah, my sewing pre-Knit-N-Stable tape looked like this.  


As far as modifications to the pattern, I made the same changes as the last few but this time I shortened this tee-shirt by another 1 1/2" since I'll be wearing it with an A-line skirt. Even though it is shorter than the other tee-shirts, I'm still happy with the length even if I wear it with something else.  


The Stats:  

Fabric:  1.4 metres 

Fusible tape:  2.8 metres Knit-N-Stable™ tape 

Pattern:  Vogue 9057

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushions, iron, ironing board, scissors, tailor's chalk, ruler, measuring tape, sewing & knitting gauge, sewing machine, walking foot, serger, threads, breaks to do some stretching exercises and for some chai tea, and as always good tunes.  

Happy Sewing!  



3 comments:

  1. Very nice top, love the complete outfit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. It is nice to finally have a go-to tee-shirt pattern.

      Delete
  2. Cute tee. Love that little bit of swing in the hem.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...