Sunday 22 January 2017

Microwave Bowl Holders

I'm back at the sewing table much to my surprise. Mind you I'm not sewing at top speed but at least I'm sewing.  


I wouldn't have managed if it weren't for this cushion that makes it bare-able to sit with a tailbone injury. Not for long though. Just long enough to stitch up these. Thanks to Birdmommy for the suggestion.  


More microwave bowl holders. The first two in the front are for a custom order. The one in the back is for Mama R.  


She's quite smitten over this print so how could I not make one especially for her. 


The Stats:  

Fabric:  0.5 metre quilting cotton

Thread:  100% cotton

Needle:  Universal sewing machine needle

Batting:  0.45 metre Wrap-N-Zap microwave safe cotton batting

Time:  I invested 6 hours into the preparation of the fabric and the construction of these items.  

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, walking foot, sewing & knitting gauge, screw driver, pins, scissors, iron, ironing board, coccyx cushion, Tylenol, and a latte and heating pad break.  

Happy Sewing!  



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the cushion helped! I'm always surprised (and mildly annoyed) when doctors don't mention that things like this exist when you see them for an injury. My doctor said "Oh, I didn't think of it. I know tailbone injuries hurt, but I didn't think they hurt hurt". Really?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the cushion? Mine is worn out, and needs to be replaced. My lovely, beautiful child broke my tailbone when he was born, and I use the cushion when I'm driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! This morning and weekend's drives were the best I had in weeks despite the icy roads. What a difference it made. I got this one at Legacy Sports Medicine, they have a medical supply store beside their clinic.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...