Thursday 5 January 2017

Burda 6964: All Pieces Are Completed!

Mama R now has a complete set of camisoles and slips. It took me longer than I planned. Slept in, dealt with waking up with stuffed up sinuses, morning coffee, break to make and eat egg nog French toast, back to work on the camisoles and slips, stretching breaks, and then finally I can call this project complete!  


I woke up to two more slips that needed the Knit 'N Stitch™ tape to be fused to the neck and underarm edges before serging, and then sewing. Mama R didn't want the bottom edges of the camisoles treated with Knit 'N Stitch™ tape. I was willing to do it but Mama R felt that it was unnecessary. Whatever Mama R wants... 


I used the same bias tape, circa 1970-80, as I used on the first camisole. The ends were treated with Fray Check™ and left to dry while I ate breakfast.  


Once they were dry and breakfast was done, it was back to work. The ends were rolled and pressed in order to cut down any potential shifting when it came to attaching them to the camisole and slips. 


The hems of the slips were finished with beige lace trimming that I found in my stash.


The lace trim is a pretty finish at the hem and will help in the prevention of the slips riding up. It is nice to finally have these done. Mama R hasn't seen them yet but my fingers are crossed that she's be pleased.  


The Stats:  

Fabric:  2.3 metres

Lace Trim:  2.6 metres

Fusible Bias Tape:  3.75 metres

Bias Tape:  1.8 metres

Pattern:  Burda 6964 (tweaked)

Time:  I invested 6 hours into the preparation and construction of these slips and camisoles.

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Sewing machine, walking foot, serger, tweezers, scissors, thread clippers, polyester thread, pins, cutting table, iron, ironing board, some fuel, and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...