Saturday 27 August 2016

Fall Fabrics

So it is that time of year when Fabricland is clearing out the old stock for new stock. And they are having their buy-1-get-2-metres-free sale. I typically live for these sales but I haven't really seen much that has rocked my creativity enough to buy. I was, however, all excited about some silks that are in the home decor department. Of course, I'm not thinking about decorating with these.  


It is the perfect weight to make a shirt, top, or dress. ~sigh~ It is beautiful.


And so not in my budget.  


And they even have it in my favourite colour.  


Could you imagine these fabrics together, maybe a reversible jacket? Or even better, a Marcy Tilton jacket?  


Perhaps, colour blocked with the two colours and this hooded jacket pattern, Vogue 8752.  


Or this hooded jacket, Vogue 8752. Of course I'm dreaming.


Because it is not in my budget, and I don't need another jacket.  


Oh but wait, since there is no harm in dreaming.  There was another piece of silk that caught my eye. and would make a lovely silk jacket My cell phone photos doesn't do the fabrics justice. Think vibrant, popping with happiness colours. 

What about you, have you stumbled across any new autumn fabrics that have your creative juices flowing?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...