Sunday 24 January 2016

Prrr-fect Print

This is a special little project for a little gal who has been in my prayers this past month. And I hope she likes it [fingers crossed].


McCall's 7299 is the pattern that I used to make this nightshirt. I really do like this pattern even though it did require quite a bit of slip-stitching.  With the exception of one missing notch on the front yoke shoulder seam, this is a perfectly drafted pattern. And the missing notch, no big deal.


The hem was straightened instead of the shirt-tail hem shown on the pattern envelope only because I wanted to take it easy on the wrist. And instead of using two sixteen millimetre buttons I used one decorative cat button.


And check out this print. This is the prrrr-fect print for a little gal who loves cats! I found this 100% cotton flannel fabric at Fabricland and picked it up during a buy one get one metre free sale. It was pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer and then a steam pressing on the cotton setting. Would you believe that it shrank width-wise from forty-four inches to forty-one? Yikes!


The Stats:

Fabric:      2.2 metres

Button:     1 decorative

Pattern:     McCall's 7299

Thread:     100% polyester thread

Tools and supplies:  Sewing machines, serger, scissors, buttonhole foot, sewing needle, and some good tunes.

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...