Thursday 3 December 2015

In Sewing News Today...

Have you seen Mimi G's coat? I didn't find it on her blog yet, or did I miss it? Instead, it was spotted over at Pattern Review.com®. Mimi G wrote a review for McCall's 7259 and it is gorgeous. Although, I might be bias here since Mimi G sewed the coat up in a gorgeous plaid fabric and well, I do love a plaid.  


And Mimi G is right, this pattern with its simple lines is perfect for a plaid. ~Sigh~ I couldn't wait to get my hands on this pattern when it was released and I still haven't got around to making it. Now Mimi G has me dreaming about this project again.  

Right now, I have another wrap cape to make for Christmas and a top for Mama R. Perhaps, I will squeeze in some me-sewing during my winter lay-off in a couple of weeks.   

In other sewing news, the last of the angel costumes are done.  


I didn't make this one, someone else did many years go and they did a great job. I just replaced the neckline elastic that has lost its spring and added the hemline ric-rack trim. I wonder if they used a pattern and if so, which one. Next week the show will go on and the kids are so excited about playing dress up and getting up on stage. 

Well, I should get going to work and stop dreaming of sewing machines and future sewing projects. 

Happy Sewing!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...