Tuesday 22 December 2015

Gertie's Wrap Top Sew-Along

I'm trying to play catch-up! I've already picked up my pattern, Butterick 6285, and I decided on this knit fabric from the stash.


But time has been just slipping away I've been easily distracted. 

{Source}

So many sewing projects, so little time! You know how the excuse goes. Well, this week I am laid off from work and the plan is to play catch up. Some serious catch-up. I am even going to change my  fabric. 


I'm trying to be practical as a wrap top in this fabric will go with more things in my closet. I really like the feather print knit but there is a larger yardage that I need for the top and I think it would be best if I saved it for a dress. So I'm changing to the blue knit.   

Gertie's sew-along hasn't wrapped up so I better get busy... 

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. I had completely overlooked this pattern until I saw Gertie modeling the grey version on her blog! It's so cute and I can't wait to see yours finished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just sitting down with a glass of red wine and watching the "I Love Lucy Christmas special" on TV. But I plan to cut myself off after this glass and get back to work. The plan is to finish it in time to wear for tomorrow evening festivities. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...