Wednesday 16 December 2015

2015 Favourite Makes

Vogue 9060, a Marcy Tilton design and the most comfortable skirt in my closet. This is my second version and there is another on that has been in the plans for months. I can't get enough of this pattern.   

Vogue 9096 is a lined jacket without sleeves but yet I can't get enough of this jacket. Perhaps it is the 100% cotton jacquard rose motif fabric or the ease of wear or the unconvential design that I like. I really like this make. 

Vogue 1455, a Lynn Mizono design and the most fun I had this year was making up seven different versions of this dress.  In my eyes, this design is beyond cute.  

Vintage Simplicity 4166, a geek-chic look for a little boy who likes to wear shirts and ties.   

Simplicity 2372, Mama R's all-time-favourite pattern.  Jacket and dress made up in a cotton sateen, a perfect summer-time look. Even though I'm made countless versions of this dress (first time sewing the jacket), this made it to the favourite list because of how happy Mama R is with this outfit.   

OOP Butterick 5760, a cardigan sweater for Mama R made it to the favourite list because of how well the fabric worked with this pattern and the look of the gross grain ribbon on the band facings.  

OOP Butterick 5790, maxi-length skirt. Comfortable and funky fabric--win, win.

Vogue 8016 jacket made in a wool tweed.  Even though I've seen this motif in the RTW landscape, I've only found this wool tweed at Mitchell's and I wish you could see and touch this fabric, it really is beautiful.  

Butterick 6182, one of the most comfortable tops I own made up in a teal crepe.

Vogue 8975, another Marcy Tilton design made in a oh-so-soft animal print knit.

Butterick 6097, seriously I can't recommended this pattern enough. It is the cat's meow!  I love everything about this pattern.  The ease is spot on and it is a well-drafted pattern.  

Butterick 6253, a kAtheRine Tilton design. This is the second one I've made and even though I already have two I wouldn't mind another one in a quilted knit that I've spotted at the fabric store recently.  Or perhaps a summer version in that tie-dyed cotton fabric I spotted over at Northwest Fabrics awhile ago?  

OOP Vogue 8939 made it onto my favourite list because I'm all smitten over this colour.  

OOP McCall's 7367 made it to the favourite list because this velour fabric is oh-so-soft and I could just stroke all-day-long.  This little onesie is a so cuddle worthy.  

What were your favourite makes of 2015?  

Happy Sewing!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...