Tuesday 3 November 2015

One More to Go...

Well, there is one more angel costume on the table. This will be the forth and final costume that I ran out of fabric to complete.


I was able to score enough white sateen to cut the back pieces. This is the fabric that I wish all four costumes could be made out of but at $28.00 / metre there is no way it would fit in the budget. It is lovely fabric and I only splurged on this piece because I found it marked down 70% off. I have enough of the original fabric to cut the front, sleeves and facing pieces. Even though it won't be in the same fabric, I think it will work out as the sateen has some sheen to it. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

This evening the fabric has been pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer. It's just laying on the ironing board waiting for a good pressing before I settle into my workspace and get this  cut and sewn.

I'm beat though. My sinuses are acting up and my back is aching. Even though there is one more to go and I can't wait to get these finished, it will have to wait until later this week.

Happy Sewing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...