Friday 31 July 2015

July in Review...

Sewing

I have been laid off from work this month and you're probably wondering what I've been doing with my time. Apparently, not much sewing especially if we compare it to last month. To be completely honest, I've been on recovery mode. Dealing with that cough that wouldn't quite and feeling run down at the beginning of the month, I didn't have the energy or desire to do much sewing. But did manage to get a few things done (three items for Mama R and the rest were for moi).  

Clockwise from top L:  Cardigan:  OOP Butterick 5760, Top:  Butterick 6182, Jacket:  Simplicity 2372, Dress: OOP Vogue 9625, Culottes:  Vogue 9091, Blouse:  Butterick 6097, Dress:  Simplicity 2372,


RTW Fast


I'm not worthy to be considered a RTW faster. I fell off the wagon and picked up work-out gear this month after I became discouraged how these shorts have been holding up. Can you believe the fabric is piling? I'm not impressed.  


Stats

Sewing Supplies
Used from Stash (this year)
Additions to the stash (this year)
Basting Tape
4.59 metres

Bias Tape


Buttons
33

Chain

1.3 metres
Elastic
.83 metres

Fabric
60.94 metres
90.6 metres
Interfacing
3.16 metres

Lace Trim
1.2 metres
6 metres
Lining
1.9 metres

Needles


Hooks and Eyes


Pattern
7 previously used
21 new
22
Ribbon
15.2 metres
13 metres
Serger Thread
2

Sewing Machine Needle
2

Snaps
4

Spools of Thread
11
4
Velcro


Zipper
3 - 22” invisible
1 - 12" invisible
2 - 8”  invisible
1 - 7" invisible
1 - 8" regular
1 - 18" zipper
1 - 8" invisible
1 - 22" invisible 
  
ItemsTotals-to-date
Tops / Shirts
7
Pants / Shorts
2
Dresses
13
Sweaters
1
Coats
0
Jackets
2
Skirts
3
Hats
0


Happy Sewing! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your job and your cough. Your sewing month looks very productive to me! And I am SO impressed how meticulously you track yor supplies. Did you really buy 90m of fabric this month? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! That would be one heavenly dream fabric shopping trip! No, my stats are ongoing for the year so far. I should edit that so I'm more clear. Would you believe that I walked into a fabric store yesterday and everything was on sale for 50% off and I didn't purchase any fabric. There just might be hope for me!

      Delete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the job. :( I hope you find something interesting and good quickly.

    I second Lyndle's in being impressed by your supply tracking! That's really smart actually - I usually wind up buying stuff that I was sure I had but couldn't find (and thus confirm), only to find it days later. :P

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...