Sunday 17 May 2015

In Sewing News Today...

I have been a busy gal but I can't say that there has been a lot of sewing. I wonder if it has anything to do with my lack of coffee consumption?  


It has been forty-seven days off coffee. It feels odd sewing without a coffee mug right beside me on the cutting table. I have to admit that I miss coffee the most when I'm hanging out in the sewing corner.

In other sewing news.... Have you seen She Wears the Pants by Yuko Takada? I came across it this afternoon while browsing the shelfs at the bookstore. 


I love the clothes in the book but I didn't pick it up for the simple reason of the patterns are made for wee little things and I'm not that little.  


I did snap a picture of this, I so sew want to make this!  


I love this! How fun to wear with a skirt?


I'm certain that I have all the hardware to make this and I even have the jacket collar in mind. Stay tuned... 

I've been fabric shopping this weekend as well. A little bit for me and a whole lot for work. I scored some white fabric at Mitchell Fabric to make angel costumes for the Advent concert. I know, it is seven months off but we've been looking for some time for enough white fabric to make four costumes (twelve metres of fabric) without breaking the bank.  

For moi, I found some lovely yellow and indigo linens that I picked up with Vogue 9107 in mind. The fabric is pre-washed, pressed and laying on the cutting table.  

How about you, what's on your cutting table?  

Happy Sewing!  



2 comments:

  1. A 271/2 in waist is large??!! Wow.. maybe.. before babies, long long ago I was about a 29 inch waist... haven't seen that in forever though. I am tall which makes a difference, but sheesh... LOL!!! Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing the linen fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so digging the Jacket collar :)

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...