Monday 6 April 2015

In Sewing News Today...

Spring break is over and tomorrow it is back to work. I can't believe that I had all these grand plans and I have nothing to show. Except for a wrist brace and frumpy top. Oh well, it was nice to have to the time to recover.

On the up side I found this in my pattern stash.


I'll admit it, I need to lose weight. I want to lose weight. I am ready to lose weight, mentally. Wardrobe wise, not so much. I need exercise gear that fits. I've been searching for a pattern for exercise appropriate clothing for awhile. And all this time there was a pattern that has been sitting in my stash that will work out perfectly. Right under my nose! I'm not quite sure how I missed it during my search.  

This pattern dates back to 2003, when I was a much slimmer lass. Thankfully, I didn't cut into this multi-all-sizes-included pattern back-in-the-day. I desperately need exercise pants and this pattern, with a little tweaking to the shape of the waistband, will work out just fine.


I have an aqua green sweatshirt weight fabric in my stash the washing machine that will also work out just fine for this project. I picked it up at Fabricland last year and the tag stated that it was a Roots jogging fleece. I have to admit that I was a bit sceptical to see Roots listed on the label. To be completely honest I picked up the fabric because I liked it rather than the label. I just thought it was interesting to find a Roots fabric at the store. I never seen that before or since. If it really is or not, I do like the fabric and fingers crossed I sew a pair of workout pants that I like as much as the fabric. I hope to get to this project next weekend.

Well, that is all in sewing news today...

Happy Sewing!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...