Sunday 5 October 2014

Simplicity 2372 in Black Wool Crepe

Stash busting 2014:  Little Black Dress

Fabric:  2.5 metres of 100% wool crepe

Zipper:  22" invisible zipper

Basting Tape:  44" length

Oh my goodness, I love this fabric! It is 100% wool crepe that we picked up at Fabricland and [insert happy dance here] it was on sale for 70% off. The "we" means Mama R and I were out shopping for this fabric. It is a rare occasion when she is not "shopping" from my stash and we actually get to spend some time together shopping for fabric at a fabric store. It was nice to spend the afternoon with Mama R, the bonus was finding this gorgeous fabric.

This dress is the latest version of Simplicity 2372. Sometimes I try to make her a dress out of another pattern but she always comes back to this one as her favourite. Why fight it?


As long as Mama R is happy with a dress, I'm happy. We made the same changes to this dress as we did to the others, no centre front seam, inserted an invisible zipper, lengthened the sleeves, shortened the hem and I think that about covers it. The hems were finished with the blind hem foot and the whole project came together quickly. It must be all the practice I've had sewing with this pattern.

Happy Sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...