Friday 26 September 2014

In Sewing News Today...

My sewing mojo is back but my knees are swollen and killing me and that is keeping me from the sewing machine.

It was the Terry Fox Run at work and the temperature hit plus thirty celsius (thirty-three with the humidity). And we have a dress code at work which almost killed me as I was walking with the kids in my wool and cashmere pants and a tee-shirt with three-quarter length sleeves. Did I mention that I packed away my summer clothes? Despite that we're not allowed to wear shorts. I didn't wear my knee brace because it was so hot and now I'm paying for it. Where the heck is autumn? 


It is supposed to cool down to normal autumn temperatures by Sunday. I can't wait!

Also can't wait for October first. Marcy Tilton wrote on her blog that she will have three new patterns coming out next week with Vogue Patterns.  Even though I have a lot on my plate right now, new patterns are always a pleasant distraction.

And talking about distractions, this came in the mail today. I'm so excited about this one.


It is the latest Sybil Connolly of Dublin vintage Vogue pattern to be added to my pattern stash. I'm becoming quite the fan of her designs. The scallop edge detail on the dress front and hemline is quite striking. I think I might have to lengthen the hemline though.

Onto other pattern news... I noticed something odd (for a Canadian) about Butterick patterns. Odd in a good way. I don't know when exactly it appeared. But have you noticed that Butterick patterns now have the exact same price for U.S. and Canadian customers listed on their pattern envelopes? This is not the case for most products sold across the border. I have to say that I'm happy to see this change in product pricing. I wonder if Vogue and McCall's will follow?

Now, if they could do something about their ridiculous shipping costs that would be great. I recently order patterns from MBV and was charged $8.00 shipping but the envelope arrived with a $1.60 postage sticker. That was not cool.

What is cool would be a pattern give-away, don't you think? This pattern is up for grabs and I will be drawing for it tomorrow. In case anyone is interested.

Well, that is all in sewing news today. Hope you're enjoying beautiful weather where ever you are.  

Happy Sewing!




5 comments:

  1. Ouch. Sorry about your knee :/

    I can't wait to see those new Tilton patterns. Drool.

    Love that dress pattern. So classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own that pattern too! I love the scallops on the front and at the hemline. Hope your knee feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see that Sybil Connolly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scalloping detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't noticed that pricing change- tnx for the heads up. Postage costs are shocking!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...