Wednesday 28 May 2014

Peplum Sweater

Stash busting 2014:  The Peplum Sweater

Fabric:    1.5 metres of mystery fabric.

Thread:   Finished off two spools of thread.


This is the second time I broke out McCall's 6844. The first time I make this pattern I made view A and it came out fine. There was the issue with the shoulder length that I adjusted but that was it, an easy fix.

I forgot to make a shoulder adjustment on this one so I just trimmed off a bit between the notches and up and over the shoulder curve.

This time around I made view C the shorter peplum sweater. The peplum is longer in the back and to be completely honest I felt like a penguin with it on. But not as cute.

That is when the the sweater ended back on the cutting table to even out the hemline. I'm short and I really could have shortened the bodice a wee bit too. But all-in-all this sweater will work as a light-weight option for the summer.

The fabric has been in my stash for ages. I've been holding onto this bargain priced fabric because I had no idea what to make out of it. It is a light-weight mystery fabric, no clue what the fibre content is but I am quite certain is it a laboratory produced product. Not my usual taste in fabric but I was drawn to the colours. It was perfect for a muslin and with fingers crossed I pieced this together with hopes that it will be a wearable muslin.


And it is! It has been quite warm lately and this will be perfect for those warm workdays spent in the air-conditioning.

Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...