Saturday 31 May 2014

May in Review

Sewing

I declared May to be a month of sewing for others but I also worked on a couple of projects for moi. I guess that makes my Me-Made-May sewing challenge an epic fail. There are two more projects for Mama R cut and ready to go but I just didn't have the time to get to them this month.

I entered two dresses in the vintage contest over at Pattern Review, a nineteen seventies house-dress I made for Mama R and a nineteen sixties wrap dress. The other sewing project that I managed to finish was a light-weight knit peplum sweater.  



Sewing wise it has been a slow month.

Me-Made-May Month

Once again, I participated in Me-Made-May. To be completely honest it really doesn't seem like a challenge since I like to wear what I make. It is a good challenge, however, to discover where my focus should be on future projects.



This year I didn't take daily pictures, instead I recorded what I wore both me-made and ready-to-wear. Although I wear at least one me-made item a day, there is still a heavy reliance on ready-to-wear items as part of my wardrobe.

RTW Fast

I can't believe that we're almost at the half way through our RTW Fast. I wasn't tempted by any RTW or window displays here in my home town. But I will admit to a few gasps on the Tilton sisters reports on their Paris shopping trips.


Marcy Tilton reported that the French like to put bows on everything which I found amusing since I'm presently cutting out this tunic top with cute bows on the front.


Reading that made me feel some what fashion-forward despite the fact that I'm working with an out-of-print pattern from the nineteen nineties.  

Stash Busting

It wasn't a good month for stash-busting [holding head in shame]. My bad.


Items
Stash-busted
Added to Stash
Fabric
48.1
metres
46.4 metres
Interfacing
2 metre
0
Lining
1.5 metre
0
Sewing Patterns
14
17
Spools of Thread
14
7
Sewing Needles
6
0
Pant Hooks
5
6
Zippers
5
0
Trim 
0.40 metres
10
Elastic
1.3 metres
12 metres
Bias Tape
2 metres
0
Snaps
0
0
Buttons
38
12
Ribbon
0
0
Hook and Eye or other Closures
4
0
Basting Tape
2.1 metres
0
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...