Thursday 24 October 2013

A Bed of Maple Leafs

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #34

Fabric Used:              2 metres double-faced faux fur and knit fabric.

*****

This fabric has been in my stash for about a year. I stumbled across it at Mitchell's Fabric. I wasn't looking for a faux fur fabic, instead I was drawn to the bolt because of the print. How Canadian, eh?  

I would have picked up more if there was more on the bolt but I happened to get the last bit of it. I wish you could feel  the faux fur side, it is absolutely devine. 

My first thought was that this would make a cozy wrap coat.  

Without enough for a cozy wrap coat my thoughts moved to a blanket for my bed.  

Nothing fancy about this project. It was put together a simple knit stitch and the edges have an overlock stitch.  

Maybe this blanket is not the greatest idea I've had, I suspect it might be difficult to drag myself out of bed in the morning. 

Until then, happy sewing!




2 comments:

  1. Nothing more comforting that a deliciously snuggley blanket - enjoy it's warmth ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was been great at taking the chill off this time of the year.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...