Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Un-mentionables


Stash-Busting 2013:  (Unfinished and Trashed) Project #30

Fabric Used:                .5 metre 100% cotton

Pattern Used:             Kwik Sew 2100

Zipper Used:               37" elastic 


*****

I didn't finish this project, it is back at the drawing board (literally) as I redraft this pattern and hopefully come up with a better fit.

I am counting this unfinished project as part of my stash-busting count none-the-less. The fabric has been in my stash for over a decade. The elastic was a fairly recent purchase from Fabricland around the time of Sew Grateful week when I first dabbled in sewing panties. Hopefully, I will be successful at creating a well-fitted pair before I go through all the elastic I picked up. I bought this knit when Fanny Fabrics was closing down in the city and it has been a go-to knit when I'm making baby gifts. I still have quite a few metres of this fabric left. Come to think about it, it would be perfect for tee-shirts too.  

Moving along.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...