Wednesday 7 August 2013

Seriously, I Have the Cutest Mom Ever!

See, isn't she cute? It is a good thing because I may have stopped sewing her dresses a long time ago if she weren't so darn cute.

I'm kidding, how can anyone say no to sewing for their Mom. Anyone?

She doesn't like the last dress, Simplicity 8024, I made for her but she won't come out and say those words. Instead she'll tell me that "the colour is too light" and "the dress is so heavy" so I'll take the hint.

This is Mama R's latest dress. The fabric I used for this one is a lighter weight and darker blue. See, I can take a hint.

I lost count how many versions of this Simplicity 2372 dress I've made. She loves the neckline and sleeve pleats. I have to agree, it is a nice pattern. I don't think she will be complaining too much about this one. But we'll never know until I finish it. I'm calling it quits for tonight though. Tomorrow, I'll baste the sides to see if she likes it taken it a smidge and then the hem is all that is left to do.

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...