Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Quest for a Great Fitting Pair of Pants: Chapter 4

Not much sewing on my pants tonight. I did take them in one and a half inches around the waist from the side and centre front and that seems to have done the trick.

I still have to sew the invisible zipper, decide on the waistband and hem. I'm just not feeling all that great and am going to call it an early night. Hopefully, I will finish them up by the week's end.

I wish I could get my hands on a copy of Pants for Real People. The local library does not carry a copy and I haven't seen any copies in the local bookstores.

Even without the book, I do realize now that I am at least a size smaller in the waist compared to my hip. This will be good information to work with when I tackle my next pair of pants, Vogue 1325.  

But for now, I need to get these Burda "new Marlene Dietrich-style" pants. I have to admit that I had to look up Marlene Dietrich. Here is what I discovered about this Hollywood legend.

Enjoy and Happy Sewing!


1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog and thought I would mention you can buy Pants for Real People on Amazon.com as a Kindle download....just under $12 US - if you are interested in an electronic version....

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...