Friday 19 April 2013

It Wasn't Meant to Be...

Stash Busting 2013:  Project #17

Fabric Used:     3.10 metres of 100% cotton.

Pattern Used:    McCall's 2447, circa 1999.

Buttons Used:    7 rustic brown buttons. 


*****

Okay, it doesn't look finished here but it is finished. I just have to give it a good pressing.

This project sat on my sewing table while I procrastinated. I moved on this project with a pair of scissors, cutting the long sleeves into a short sleeve. It wasn't meant to be a long-sleeve shirt. Luckily it looks good as a short sleeve version.

This is the second version of this shirt. The first version can be seen here.

The pattern is perfect, it all fits together quite nicely. I'm still questioning the 5/8" seam allowance around the neckline and collar pieces.  Grading the seam allowances took care of any bulk.

As far as stash-busting, this fabric is a fairly recent addition to my stash. I picked it up late last year with this project in mind.

The buttons are another story. They have been in my stash for years. They might have been in my stash to be considered vintage. I can't recall what project I had in mind for these when I bought them.

For a project that involved a major goof, I'm happy it turned out. Fingers crossed that my brother feels the same.

Happy Sewing!








1 comment:

  1. Hi, just popping over from patternreview.com to say hello and tell you that my husband has made that same mistake more than once sewing shirts! You're right that it is an easy mistake to make when the fabric is identical on both sides.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...