Saturday 20 April 2013

In Sewing News Today...

I don't know what I was thinking a few months ago when I thought I could go on a fabric fast. Let's just say that little resolution didn't even make it the the half year point.

Now that I got that little confession off my chest, do you want to see what I picked up at the fabric store today?

It is a 100% polyester fabric that I stumbled across in the upholstery/home decor section of the store. I thought it would make a fun spring coat!

I have Burda 7304 in mind for this fabric. It is an unlined coat and I'm planning on finishing it off with a Hong Kong seam finish. I recently picked up a binder foot for my sewing machine sew this will be a good opportunity to put it to work.

The plan is to have it done before all the snow melts. And if I can get this done before the end of the month it will also count for the pattern stash contest. I've had this pattern on my I-want-to-make pile for quite some time.  

I have a few other projects and tasks to get out of the way before I tackle this project.

There is that repair to the silk vestment for the parish priest. This one also have my stomach in knots as it is another beautiful garment that his mother had made for him. It is the same issue, strain on the neckline/shoulder area that has caused it to tear. I've been trying to figure the best way to finish off the seam. I picked up a package of blanket binding that I figure I could cut down the width and make it, hopefully, work. We'll see how that works out [fingers crossed].

And there is another shirt cut out for my brother. Another long sleeve shirt that I hope not to make the same error. I still can't believe I did that! And then there is that sweater Mama R has been waiting for me to alter.

Sew much to sew! How about you?

Happy Sewing!



2 comments:

  1. That....fabric......has ....me.....fanning myself!! Gorgeous- definitely fast-breaking worthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I felt when I found this fabric! I believe I actually gasped.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...