Tuesday 19 March 2013

The Great Escape

I might have lost my sewing mojo but sewing is my escape. And boy, oh boy, do I need an escape. I had a horrible day at work. I don't want to get into it but all I can say is that at least I can find joy in sewing. It is that or I'll have to take up drinking. And sadly I can't afford to take up drinking, it would eat into my sewing budget. I can't have that!

Sew, as soon as I got home from work I threw on my pj's, made a bodum of coffee and went back to work cutting out Vogue 8667.

I finished cutting out the dress fabric, I just have the lining to cut out. But I'm pooped, I'll cut out the lining fabric tomorrow perhaps. Maybe the weekend? The two sewing projects for other people will have to wait because I really need to escape.

I didn't actually get any sewing done this evening but it did feel good to have a pair of scissors in my fingers and cut something.

And the thought of sewing this dress in the next couple of days is making me feel better. I have something to look forward to, just two more work days and then I have an eleven day lay-off that I plan to spend relaxing to the humming sound of my sewing machine. I just hope that my sewing mojo hurries up and gets back here in time.

Happy Sewing!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...