Saturday 23 February 2013

In Sewing News Today...

I finally finished cutting out the rectangular shapes for the purificators this morning. Yippee! I was kind of nervous about the white linen fabric sitting on my cutting table exposed to the elements my clumsiness. Luckily they made it safety off the cutting table and to the sewing table. I now feel relaxed enough to put my coffee cup down.

I delivered a dozen to the church this week and no one spotted my error.

I was sewing the narrow hem when my needle traveled off the folded edge and did not catch the folded edge for about a half an inch.

Sew, I had to go back and stitch over. Unless you look closely, you won't notice the extra stitches. Boy, confession is good for the soul. (Yes, I expect to be hit by lightening sometime in my life.) Until then, I hope to finish another twelve by the end of the weekend.

After I finish the purificators I have another church related project to tackle. I've been asked to replace the trim on a vestment piece. Sew much to sew!

And I have to get another sewing project back onto the table. My little nephew is about to turn fifteen in just over a week. Unbelievable! He's not literally little, just in my mind's eye. Gawd, they grow up so fast. He has been patiently waiting for me to sew him a vest similar to the one his brother received last year. I really should try to get this done in time for his birthday. Every thing is cut out and ready to sew. I'm going to have to squeeze it into the calendar.

Well, I should stop tapping away and try to find my sewing mojo.

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...