Wednesday 6 February 2013

Confession Time...

It is Sharing Day! over at Debi's My Happy Sewing Place as she hosts Sew Grateful Week. We're supposed to write a tutorial or provide an online free pattern. I'm going to have to bow out of this Sew Grateful event, I'm not prepared. But I do have something to share. It is not a new tutorial, sorry Debi. It is more of a confession.

I was bad. I broke down and picked up four lovely patterns last Friday when Vogue patterns had their $3.99 sale.

Oh, yes I did. [bowing head in shame], my bad. I feel like I dropped the ball and let my fellow stash busters down. I did manage to resist shopping the first three days of the online sale. But then I told myself that it was okay because I sold a few patterns over at etsy.com. I know, that was a poor excuse.

I lasted a total of thirty-two days before I broke my "no new patterns" resolution.

Do I feel guity? No, not really. I have four lovely patterns on their way and they should be here in about a month. Sooner, if I'm lucky. And I picked them up at a fabulous discount! I would never pick them up this cheap here in the city even with shipping. There, I feel better. Confession is good for the soul.

Which patterns managed to make me cry 'Uncle!' and give up on my "no new patterns" resolution? Well, if you're interested I'll share that bit of information. Here are the newest patterns that are on their way to my pattern stash.

Vogue 8882
I have a lovely blue eyelet fabric and blue lining fabric that I have been holding onto for quite some time. I think it would be perfect for this pattern.  Or maybe in the blue sateen that is sitting in my fabric stash.  

Well, at least I'll be fabric stash busting.  

Vogue 1340
I love the bodice on this pattern and would love to give it a try.  I'm not 100% sold on the skirt portion of this pattern and might have to substitute a fuller skirt.  I will have to stash bust some muslin fabric for this dress before I decide on which fabric to drag out of my fabric stash.  But I do have an orange / tangerine coloured linen that I'm thinking about for this dress pattern.  
Vogue 1281
Carolyn over at Handmade by Carolyn made this dress using previously loved tee-shirts from her family. And she made the coolest dress ever.  Seriously, Vogue needs to hire this talented woman as a stylist because it was Carolyn's dress not this pictured one from the Vogue website that convinced me to pick up the pattern.    

I am aiming for a comfortable summer dress, but instead of cutting up tee-shirts (I'm not that creative) I'm going with a blue coloured knit fabric that is sitting in my stash. What sold me on this idea is that Carolyn was able to stitch this up without installing the zipper. Gotta love that! I'm going to lengthen it significantly and make certain that wrap front detail doesn't expose too much when I wear it out in the windy city.  

Vogue 8876
This dress has pockets! I love a dress with pockets. I will have to lengthen it. Oh wait, maybe not. As long as the pattern pieces fall below my knee, I'll be happy.  I have a floral print denim that I think I would like to stash bust with this pattern.  
Happy Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...