Wednesday 24 October 2012

Never say Never

The mattress cover is something that I never thought I would sew but I did.

Mama R is thrilled with it. See, she's smiling!

Actually, I'm quite thrilled with it too. It is soft like a pillow.

Besides the pillowy softness I'm also thrilled that it is done almost done.

Mama R requested elastic all around the edges. It turned out nicely but my fingers are sore from all that stretching of the elastic. I couldn't say no to her request because she was an amazing assistant with this project. I honestly wouldn't have been able to complete it without her help.

All that is left to do is test it out. I'll find out the final verdict tomorrow.

Happy Sewing!

UPDATE:  The mattress cover passed the nap test.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...