Tuesday 31 July 2012

Okay, I can work with this...

Vogue 1309 is coming along. It is not a perfect fit but I can work with this.

I was surfing the internet to see if anyone has made the pants but I was unable to find some words of wisdom or warnings.

Without a lot of pant making experience under my belt (I know bad pun), I went to work with fingers crossed. The pattern is divine. I like the menswear influence with the front fly zipper.  The curved waistband fits snuggly. And the pockets are deep and perfect.

It is not a perfect fit but I am not discouraged at all. To make this a perfect fit for me there are some changes that I will have to make.

Quoting Michael Kors, I am happy to report that there is no "crazy crotch" going on. That is a huge relief.

Now, there seems to be some problems with the side view. I should be able to fix those with some lunges and sit-ups. Seriously, there seems to be some pulling across the pant front side. According to Fantastic Fit for Every Body I should be able to alter the pattern around the centre front and back curve to make it work.

And there was that issue of the centre back that was a wee bit tight and had to be let out.

It looks like I'm going to have to adjust the pattern for my full tummy and derriere by adding to the centre front and back to get the pants to hang correctly on my body.

That should correct my fitting issues and eliminate the need to let the centre back seam out next time around.

Not too much to tweak before I come up with a nicely fitted pair of pants. I'm almost there.

Have you sewn any pants lately? Do you find them easy to sew or do you also have fitting issues to negotiate? I would love to hear about it.

Happy Sewing!








2 comments:

  1. I have this pattern too, and am really looking forward to making up that gorgeous top! I am very interested to see how you get on with the trousers too... good luck! They look great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I have a deep red/burgundy coloured silk in mind for the top. I'm going to give the pant pattern another try shortly, hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...