Tuesday 12 June 2012

Vogue 8791, saved.

Awhile back I was sewing a tunic, Vogue 8791. I didn't make a muslin which was a huge mistake because I spent a good chunk of change on this beautiful raw silk noil.

I should have made a muslin.

I cut the pattern out in a size 14 and it fits in the bust area, not so in the below waist area.

Some people gain wisdom when they age, I gained a generous back side. If only I gained wisdom, I would have cut a muslin.

The silk tunic has been sitting off in the corner as a constant reminder of my foolish ways. Today, it is sitting on my sewing table about to find a new home.

My sister-in-law was over when her daughter came over to try on her dress. I just happened to ask if she would like to try it on. It fits! Sew, I've finished it off.

The pattern is a lovely and it is easy to piece together. The description states that it is semi-fitted, maybe in the bust-line.

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from making it. Even though it didn't work for me, it did work for my sister-in-law.

Another note: It does call for fusible interfacing that is used in the bodice centre front pieces. If I were to make it again, I not so sure that I would bother with the interfacing.

I would just take care to sew a muslin before hand, especially if you're like me and have been blessed with curves instead of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...