Saturday 30 June 2012

June in Review

Summer Dress

Fabric:   2 metres of drapery fabric and .5 metre lining fabric, $14.20, 
Pattern:  McCall's 6554, $6.47
Thread:  $4.87
Basting Tape:  $0.82
Zipper:  $4.37
Total Cost:  $25.59
Times Worn this Month:  Once, so far.
Time Investment:  7 hours
Tools Needed:  Sewing machine, serger, measuring tape, fabric shears, ball-point and micro-fibresewing machine needles, pins, sewing needles, iron and tailor's chaulk.
Would I make it again? I would recommend it for sure, not certain I need another summer dress.  



My New Favourite Skirt Pattern!  

Fabric:  1.5 metres of Stretch Cotton Sateen, $11.76
Pattern:  Vogue 1247 (second time around price justified in a previous project), $0.00
Thread:  left over thread, $0.00
Bias Tape:  $1.29
Basting Tape:  $0.41
Zipper:  $4.37
Snap:  $0.28
Total Cost:  $18.11
Times Worn this Month:  Once, so far.
Time Investment:  5 1/2 hours
Tools Needed:  Sewing machine, serger, curved ruler, measuring tape, fabric shears, ball-point sewing machine needle, seam ripper, pins, iron and tailor's chaulk.

Would I make it again? Yes! 


The I can't pass for a Vogue model but my sister-in-law can Tunic

Fabric:  3 metres of 100% Silk Noir (at 50% off!), $36.96
Interfacing:  $6.72
Pattern:  Vogue 8791, $6.47
Thread:  $4.37
Total Cost:  $54.52 
Times Worn this Month:  None, gifted to my sister-in-law.
Time Investment:  8 hours
Tools Needed:  Sewing machine, serger, shears, pins, ball-point sewing machine needle, tailor's chalk, sewing needles for basting.  
Would I make it again?  Nope, it worked out in the end because it is a good fit for my sister-in-law. 


Third Version of My New Favourite Skirt Pattern 
(it looks just like the ones above just in blue)


Fabric:  1.5 metres 100% Cotton $13.44 
Pattern:  Vogue 1247 (third time around price justified in a previous projects), $0.00
Thread:  $7.39
Bias Tape:  $1.29
Basting Tape:  $0.41
Zipper:  $4.37
Snap:  $0.28
Total Cost:  $27.18

Time Invested:  5 1/2 hours
Times Worn this Month:  Once.  
Tools Needed:  Sewing machine, serger, shears, pins, ball-point sewing machine needle, tailor's chalk, sewing needles for handstitching, tailor's wax.  
Would I make it again?  Yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...