Saturday 12 May 2012

How Did I Live Without You?

I have a new favourite tool in my sewing kit. It is basting tape. Seriously, I don't know how I coped without this two sided tape in the past.  

I'm working on a dress for my niece, Simplicity 2398, and I have to tell you I was a little nervous about installing the invisible zipper.

It wasn't the actual sewing of the zipper that had me worried. I threw away that plastic invisible zipper foot (don't waste any money on those things) and have a solid-made-for-my-machine invisible zipper foot for sewing invisible zippers. It had to do with the fabric that I'm working with and the design of the dress.

The fabric is a fancy occasion fabric, shiny on one side, dull on the other and slippery silky to the touch. The design of the dress demands that I match up three seam lines across the back width. Yeah, Yikes!

Honestly, I don't know if I could have done a good job without basting tape. So Sew, there you have it, my recommendation for the must have sewing item in everyone's sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...