Saturday 10 March 2012

In sewing news today...

OMG! Could I ever relate to Elizabeth's tale about fabric shopping over at SEWN.

I too went into a fabric store yesterday, not for lining, for the fabric that my niece picked out for her grad dress. And yes, I also came out with significantly more, including lining.

Fabricland is having a Customer Appreciation Sale this weekend. And I was like a kid in a candy store.  Oooo, all those colours, bright beautiful colours turning the store into a happy place with reminders that spring is on its way. If I weren't so tired I would have spent more time in there.

I bought this royal blue stretch sateen that I am thinking would look lovely made into Vogue 1233. I also picked up matching blue lining.

This bright blue 100% cotton fabric is for the Burda Style 7215 skirt, version A.

And when I got the fabric home I discovered that it matches the shade of blue found in the yellow print fabric I picked up on a recent trip to the fabric store. Sweet.


This is my favourite fabric score from this shopping trip. It is a 100% cotton swiss dot fabric. And I love the shade of green.

There was also yellow, blue, white, black and pink. It was a tough decision. Okay, maybe not. I do have enough yellow in my fabric stash to keep me going for awhile.

This swiss dot fabric I will save for a blouse. I haven't decided on which one yet. There is enough for a long sleeve blouse though.

And don't worry, I didn't forget to pick up the fabric for my niece's grad dress. I'll have to get busy on cutting it out soon. But it has been a long week and I think I'm going to save it for when I'm in a focussed frame of mind.

And that is all in sewing news today.

Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. I'd really like to see your Vogue 1233- I've been eyeing this pattern and don't see too many reviews of it. Nice fabric haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've read one review on Vogue 1233 that wasn't too favourable but I'm not going to let it discourage me since I made Vogue 1220 and I didn't find the hidden buttons too challenging. I would like to draft a short sleeve for Vogue 1233 though instead of the cap sleeve. I think that is the only change I'm going to make on the pattern.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...