Saturday 21 January 2012

Vogue 8748 is starting to grow on me...

I spent the afternoon re-visiting the kAtheRine Tilton Shirt, Vogue 8748.

I lost interest in the project when I started to question my fabric choice. It is 100% cotton retro inspired comic strip print. I thought the print was the cat's meow when I came across it at Fabricland.  

I didn't know what I was going to make until I spotted the shirt pattern. It was a perfect design to show of the print.

Back in November I gave up on the project. The "very loose-fitting [shirt] with dropped shoulders" just seemed to be too much for my petite frame. I thought I didn't have the height to pull it off.

Luckily, it didn't make it into the cut-into-squares pile of scrap fabric.

For some reason I picked up the project and I have to say that this time around it is starting to grow on me.

I love the knotted collar. And the shirt actually does drape nicely. And I can live with the looseness of the design.

So I will finish the shirt. And I'm actually looking forward to wearing it. Something fun and crazy to add to my wardrobe.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...