Thursday 26 January 2012

Experience...

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes" ~Oscar Wilde~

Can you tell the mistake I made on the Vogue 2885 skirt I have been working on this evening. I'll give you a hint. It's a repeat mistake.  Maybe, it's because I have sew much experience making this skirt?

Okay, maybe not. The back and front facings are sewn on the wrong side. Oops. I'm taking it as a sign to take a break.

Otherwise the skirt is coming together nicely. I just have to fix this mistake before I can get back to  attaching the facing. After that, I'll have the hem left to finish. Then I'll have a new colour of my favourite skirt. The fabric is a stretch crepe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

  I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn'...