Monday 24 October 2011

Vogue 8577

Slowly but surely, Vogue 8577 is coming along. It has bumped the jacket that I was previously working on off the sewing table.

So far, I have the bodice pieces of the main fabric sewn together and attached the waistband.

The bodice front has shoulder gathering and the bodice back has a yoke and centre back seam.

The shoulders look a bit wide to me at the moment, don't they?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it looks when I attach the sleeves.

I didn't make a muslin for this dress pattern so I'm hoping that all turns out. I figured that I know my size in Vogue patterns and that I would just go with it. I know, my bad.

I've been luck so far [knock on wood] and the stripes on the plaid have for the most part been matching up quite nicely. But there is still the skirt portion to match up. Hopefully, my luck will continue.


The lining has been more of a challenge than matching up the stripes on the plaid.

I'm not a fan of working with slippery fabrics. Taking my time has, so far, been paying off. And I know I will like the way it will feel when it is all put together. So, for now the slow down and sew carefully technique might prove to be worth it in the end. Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it's coming along beautifully - your plaid matching is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...