Saturday 15 October 2011

Sew what?



I've put the Marcy Tilton, Vogue 8752, jacket on ice for awhile. 

I started off really excited about making this jacket. When I first spotted the new fall patterns, I knew the leopard print corduroy I've been saving all these years was meant to be cut. So I cut it out and I started to sew the right front pocket piece. I ever became more excited about the project when I found the perfect buttons. 

But... It has been a rough week, don't ask. 

I haven't even finished, actually, I haven't even started the retro print shirt that I wanted to make last weekend.  

My heart is just not into it right now. I fear I've lost my sewing mojo. 

What is it going to take to get my sewing mojo back.  

I need something to get my creative juices flowing. I checked to see what is happening at the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra tonight. Nothing. Manitoba Opera season doesn't open for another month. No movies in the theatres that I find interesting. And the only play on right now is Grumpy Old Men. No thanks. 

Now what am I going to do? I guess I could tackle that mountain of mending I have to do. Ummm, no. I don't think that would do it. 

Sewing lately has been a chore, literally. Any time I have spent at the sewing machine has been doing things that are un-inspiring and boring.  

I need a shake-up!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...