Sunday 2 October 2011

Buttons! Buttons! Oh beautiful, lovely buttons!

I picked up some buttons for my next sewing project. I stepped into my local Fabricland to pick up some thread and they are having a sale on buttons.

I know, I know I have a hundreds of buttons that I've been unintentionally hoarding. But Fabricland had their buttons at 50% off, I had to take a peek.

I'm making another Marcy Tilton jacket as my next sewing project. This one is from the new fall 2011 Vogue pattern catalogue.

You might be asking what is so special about these buttons that I happened to pick up.

They have an animal print design on them!  I thought they were too much fun, I had to pick them up!

They are made out of wood and they will go perfect with the animal print corduroy that I'm have cut out.

That's all I'm going to tell you because these beautiful, lovely buttons have really lit a fire and I need to get to work on this jacket.

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how one little detail can light a fire under you, eh? I had the same thing happen with the little crystal bowl buttons I found for my jacket! :) Looking forward to seeing the jacket! (Also, I'm continually surprised and envious of your animal-print corduroy! How cool is that?!)

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...