Wednesday 6 July 2011

Skirts!

"Fashion is born by small facts, trends, or even politics, never by trying to make little furbelows, by trinkets, by clothes easy to copy, or by the shortening or lengthening of a skirt." 
~Elsa Schiaparelli, Italian born French Fashion Designer. 

Schiaparelli might have a point with her definition of fashion but check out my new skirts! 


I made these using Vintage Vogue pattern #2885. I am such a fan of the pattern that I made three of them! Actually, the pink and beige linen skirt on the left was my test fabric since I didn't have any muslin. I've been wearing it despite the fact that pink is not my favourite colour, I guess the wrinkles give it away.  

The middle skirt is made in 100% Cotton stretch Sateen. It is so comfortable. And the skirt on the right shows the back view of the skirt with the kick-pleat in the back. It is make in 100% cotton Liz Claiborne fabric that I found in the home decor department of my local fabric store.      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...