Thursday 21 July 2011

Dreaming about Fall 2011

I found the fabric that I want to sew into one of the new Vogue patterns in the fall 2011 catalogue... I can't wait until they get here!

It is an indigo colour boiled wool that I found at Fabricland.

Even better, I found it in the sale section! Regular priced at $40.00/metre (Cdn), I picked it up 70% off. There were some other fabulous colours too, peacock blue, pink, orange, purple.



I picked the indigo because I thought it would go well with this orange fabric.

I have been holding on to it for awhile but I think I'm ready to commit to making a 1940s style skirt.

I picked this beautiful orange fabric up at the Fabric Center an amazing store that sadly closed its doors earlier this year. The Fabric Center carried some beautiful and unique fabrics and a stunning collection of bridal and lace fabric unmatched in the city.

It is getting to be a challenge to find quality fabric in the city as more and more fabric stores are either closing or converting their store to attract the quilters. But that is another story.

One more sewing project that I'm planning is a winter coat. Yes, I said a winter coat.

I'm thinking Vintage Vogue 1083. It has been more than a few years since I've sewn a project that big but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I just have to find suitable lining fabric and hopefully get started once I clear up the projects I have lined up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...