Monday 12 February 2018

In Sewing News Today...

I will admit that I'm getting tired with this winter's wind chills and extreme cold warnings. Not even a little groundhog folklore cheered me up earlier this month when this fictional groundhog predicted an early spring.  


I can't even wrap my head around the thought of sewing warm weather garments. It seems like such an unimaginable and foreign concept. Yet, sewing peeps are posting pictures of floral fabrics over on the McCall's Facebook group and Instragram. All the while I'm freezing and thinking I just want to crawl under a big pile of blankets and hibernate. Yes, my sewing mojo has taken a hit.  


I've cut into some of the wool fabric that I picked up when Mitchell Fabrics closed last year. The plan is to make a dress by merging design elements from McCall's 7546 and Vogue 1503. I plan on lengthening McCall's 7546 to a dress version and using the sleeve and placket from Vogue 1503.  Oh, and pockets would be nice. I just don't have enough sewing mojo to tackle it.  


I did spend part of my weekend organizing my button collection. How can a person have a large collection but yet not be able to find suitable buttons for a project?  


This called for a trip to the fabric store. With luck on my side and layers of clothes to keep the cold at bay, I found these buttons matching my olive coloured fabric. They were marked down 70% and I didn't even need a membership card. [insert happy dance here]

I don't know when I'm going to dig myself out of a pile of blankets and get back to sewing. Waking up to windchills of minus forty degrees Celsius is not all that encouraging.  

Happy Sewing!   


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are in a deep freeze! I hope it breaks for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand where you are coming from. Today is the first day that here in Southeast Saskatchewan I have woken up to something even resembling decent weather.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, it hit zero! during the day and then when I left work it was back to snow and cold. Oh well, it's was a welcome break from the deep freeze even if it was brief. Now I need to throw on some ski pants and go clear the snow. lol, spring needs to hurry up and get here.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...