Friday 1 September 2017

Happy National Sewing Month!


I have big plans to help me celebrate National Sewing Month. Since this year's theme is to sew for the beauty of it, I'm going to start off my first project for Mama R. She has been waiting for another cardigan style jacket for quite some time. Her request is for one in black and I found a beautiful wool with a soft nap and I'm going all out and lining it in silk. I have some colourful silk charmeuse but Mama R was hoping for something, hmmm, let's say less loud. The other day, I found some black silk satin that I think she'll like more.  

My most beautiful work comes when I take my time and that is what this year's theme means to me. I'm not rushing through this project or taking any short cuts. I'm taking my time with all the hand-stitching even if it means I only make one project this month. But I hope to get around to a little special project for moi. Stay tuned.   

How about you? How will you be celebrating National Sewing Month?  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...