Thursday 31 August 2017

August in Review...

Sewing:

Clockwise top L to R:  Silk dress, Tessuti Patterns Eva dress; black and taupe sateen dress, Simplicity 2372; black ITY knit dress, Vogue 9268; cotton apron, out-of-print (OOP) Butterick 5263, six pairs of cotton knit panties, Simplicity 8229. 
The Fasts:

I will admit that I almost fell off the ready-to-wear (RTW) fast a week ago when I spotted an ankle length wool sweater coat at Winners. Almost. My will power failed me in the fabric store. I picked up the quilting fabric for Mama R's new apron when clearance fabrics were marked down an additional 50% off. My bad. There were some others that made it into the fabric stash. Oh and there was lovely silk satin to line a jacket for Mama R. I'll try again next month.    

The Stats:

Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month 
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape
0 metres
3.83 metres
0
Bias Tape
9.1 metres
15.6 metres
10 metres
Buttons

45
50
Chain

0
0
Cord Stopper

0
0
Elastic
16.8 metres
32.3 metres
38 metres
Fabric
15 metres
94.6 metres
75.3
metres
Fusible Tape
4 metres
43.26 metres
6 rolls
Hand needles

2
0
Hook and Eyes

0
0
Interfacing
0.5 metres
6.7 metres
6 metres
Lace trim
2.6 metres
0
Pattern (new)
1
14
18
Pattern (previously used--TNT)
4
25
0
Ribbon

1.1 metres
5.3 metres
Serger needles

0
0
Serger thread

4
12
Sewing machine needles

4
9
Snaps

5
0
Thread

14
18
Trim
2 metres
7 metres
Velcro

0
0
Zipper
1
7
10


The Plans:

National Sewing Month begins tomorrow and the theme is to sew for the beauty of it. I have quite a bit of sewing to do for my beautiful Mom. She wants a new jacket in black. I have a lovely napped wool fabric set aside for that project and splurged on some silk lining. And then she would like another dress in a navy satin back crepe. There is an Eva dress to make for a friend. For myself I would really like to concentrate on sewing some comfortable pieces of sleepwear. I'll see how these plans work out.    


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...