Sunday 30 April 2017

April in Review...

Sewing:

Woo Hoo!  It looks like I accomplished a lot this month but to be completely honest that coat, the biggest project I blogged about took a lot time to finish and most of the work was done fifteen minutes at a time (and pain meds) over last month.  

Clockwise (Top L to R):  Green knit lace panties, Simplicity 8229; cotton dress, Simplicity 2372; blue wool coat, Vogue 9219; cotton knit pullover dress, McCall's 6886; back ruffled A-line dress, Vogue 9237; and cotton jacket, Simplicity 2372.

This month was all about easy sewing projects as I negotiated sitting comfortably, recovery / physio exercises, job hunting, soul searching, and searching for my sewing mojo.  


RTW & Fabric Fast:

The ready to wear fast is just like Carolyn from Handmade by Carolyn once said, it get easier as time goes on. I was proud to report on Fashion Revolution day that 

.

It felt good to realize that most of my clothes are hand-made and fit better than anything I can find at the stores. I still have some fitting techniques to learn but that is the fun part of the journey.

The fabric fast once again proved to be challenging as I fell pry to some beautiful cotton knits and that black and gray fabric that I used to make Mama R's dress. That cut of fabric was purchased last year but I picked up another piece for me when I spotted in the discounted section of the store. I'm thinking about making another Lynn Mizono dress.  

I have yet to complete one month without purchasing any fabric and just "shop" from my fabric stash. Oh my that sounds disappointing, but I'm willing to give it another try this month. On a positive note, I've resisted purchasing any couple books or fabric store memberships. Baby steps.

The Stats:


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month 
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape
0.50 metres
2.72 metres
0
Bias Tape
1.3 metres
3.1 metres
0
Buttons
6
28
42
Chain

0
0
Cord Stopper

0
0
Elastic
2.8 metres
8.3 metres
6 metres
Fabric
15.8 metres
46.8 metres
42.5 metres
Fusible Tape
2 metres
12 metres
0
Hand needles
1
2
0
Hook and Eyes

0
0
Interfacing
3 metres
5.3 metres
6 metres
Lace trim
2.6 metres
0
Pattern (new)
4
9
11
Pattern (previously used--TNT)
2
8
0
Ribbon

0
0
Serger needles

0
0
Serger thread

3
12
Sewing machine needles
2
2
0
Snaps
5
5
0
Thread
2
9
18
Trim
1.2 metres
2 metres
7 metres
Velcro

0
0
Zipper
2
4
3



Happy Sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...