Friday 31 March 2017

March in Review...

Sewing:

My sewing mojo took another hit this month as I was still on the mend. I did manage to accomplish some easy projects with the aid of a coccyx cushion and replacing the chair at the serger with an upholstered footstool.   

Clockwise top left to right:  Chambray dress for Mama R, Simplicity 2372; Knit dress, OOP Vogue 8939; Chambray shirtdress, McCall's 7546; Panties, Simplicity 8228; and more panties, Simplicity 8229.
I've been working on a little girls' coat, Vogue 9219, as well. If you've been following on instragram you'll have seen bits of progressive throughout the month. It's not quite finished yet.  


RTW & Fabric Fast:

This ready-to-wear fast is easy peasy now that I'm into my forth year but the fabric fast is proving to be quite the challenge.  


Fabric shopping was a bit of therapy this month. You see the physiotherapist told me to make sure I keep moving. That meant fabric shopping, right? I'm kidding.

Sadly, Mitchell Fabrics announced earlier this month that they will be closing and I made my way down there to pick up fabrics that I know I won't be able to find again. Unless, some brave soul with fabulous taste in fabric opens up a new fabric store in the city. A gal can dream. The end of this month my annual membership at Fabricland expires and I've vowed not to renew it. I have more than enough supplies and fabric to keep me busy.  


The Stats:


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month 
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape
1.10 metres
2.22 metres
0
Bias Tape
1.8 metres
0
Buttons
14
28
42
Chain

0
0
Cord Stopper

0
0
Elastic
4.7 metres
5.5 metres
6 metres
Fabric
8.8 metres
31.0 metres
31.9 metres
Fusible Tape
2 metres
10 metres
0
Hand needles

1
0
Hook and Eyes

0
0
Interfacing
1.35 metres
2.3 metres
6 metres
Lace trim
2.6 metres
0
Pattern (new)
2
5
7
Pattern (previously used--TNT)
1
6
0
Ribbon

0
0
Serger needles

0
0
Serger thread

3
12
Sewing machine needles

0
0
Snaps

0
0
Thread
2
8
14
Trim

2 metres
7 metres
Velcro

0
0
Zipper
1
2
0



Happy Sewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...