Friday 6 January 2017

Jungle January Project: Animal Print Top

There is just something about putting on an animal print to beat the January blahs, don't you think? I was quite sad when I used this animal print fabric on a wrap dress that was just a bit too tight and ended up in the donate pile. Thankfully, the fabric has once again made it into my wardrobe as a t-shirt. There was just enough fabric left-over [insert happy dance here].


The pattern, OOP McCall's 7946, contains a favourite t-shirt pattern and it was the one I reached for to use with this remnant.  


This pattern is beyond easy. I was able to whip it up in an evening from cutting it out and sewing it. The 100% polyester fabric was pre-treated when I made the wrap dress with a tumble through the washing machine and dryer so no need to pre-shrink again. 


The Stats:  

Fabric:  1.3 metres

Fusible tape:  

Pattern:  McCall's 7946

Time:  I invested 2 hours into the construction of this top.  

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Sewing machine, serger, threads, cutting table, pins, scissors, iron, and ironing board.  

Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...