Tuesday, 31 January 2017

January In Review...

Sewing:

Top L to R:  Coat, a Marcy Tilton design, Vogue 8934; waffle weave cotton robe, vintage Butterick 5556; half slip, Vogue 1410; knit cape-styled top, McCall's 7541; floral print top, Vogue 9028; two full slips, OOP Burda 6964; cotton dress, Simplicity  2372; animal print top; OOP McCall's 7946; two camisoles, OOP Burda 6964; three microwave bowl cozies.  
I spent 92.75 hours on sewing projects this month.  It turned out this is how I spent most of my free time while laid off from work. And then work at the sewing table slowed down to a halt since sitting is proving to be quite painful after a nasty fall. I'm anxiously counting down until I can enjoy some more sewing time, soon I hope. Five out of the fourteen items I made were for moi, two were for the Etsy shop and the rest were gifted to Mama R.

I only made one item for Jungle January, a tee-shirt. There were big plans as I started off the new year plotting my participation.


I picked up this piece of fabric last year after I made the cape. I thought perhaps another cape? The plan changed when Vogue 1494 came onto the scene. But then plans were interrupted.

  
And these jungle-worthy fabrics were also planned for something frisky to wear. The animal print above has been in the stash for years and I had a top in mind using OOP Butterick 5561. The lighter coloured fabric found it's way into my collection, waiting to be turned into a pussy-bow styled shirt using Vogue 9029. I won't be packing them away because Anne is right, we should let our animal prints roam outside of Jungle January festivities. So when my injured parts are mended, I'll try to get on that.   

RTW & Fabric Fast:

Woohoo!  Another month without buying any ready-to-wear. I wish I could say the same about fabric fasting. I stumbled this month in that department.

Fabricland had a sale on kasha lining fabric which rarely goes on sale so when it does, I try to pick some up. And then there was some linen, lobster print cotton and black wool in the 70% off department that I couldn't resist. Even though I didn't uphold to my fabric fast I did stay true to avoiding man-made fibres. Since I haven't been able to sew since the injury, I shopped for fabric to make myself feel better. My bad. It didn't work, I much rather prefer to be sewing.


Just like the RTW fast in it's early days, this fabric fast thing is turning out to be quite the challenge. I'll try again next month.  


The Stats:


Supplies
Quantity Used from the stash this Month 
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
Basting Tape
1.12 metres
1.12 metres
0
Bias Tape
1.8 metres
1.8 metres
0
Buttons
14
14
6
Chain
0
0
0
Cord Stopper
0
0
0
Elastic
0.8 metres
0.8 metres
0
Fabric
22.2 metres
22.2 metres
16.9 metres
Fusible Tape
8 metres
8 metres
0
Hand needles
1
1
0
Hook and Eyes
0
0
0
Interfacing
2.1 metres
2.1 metres
1 metres
Lace trim
2.6 metres
2.6 metres
0
Pattern (new)
3
3
2
Pattern (previously used--TNT)
5
5
0
Ribbon
0
0
0
Serger needles
0
0
0
Serger thread
3
3
0
Sewing machine needles
0
0
0
Snaps
0
0
0
Thread
6
6
3
Trim
0
0
0
Velcro
0
0
0
Zipper
1
1
0

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grading for a Larger Size

This will be good practice. That's what I'm telling myself. Remember the latest Eva dress that I made for a friend. Well, it&...