Sunday 18 December 2016

HO, HO, HO, There is More Christmas Sewing to Go...

Do you sew for Christmas? I can't believe that I'm still Christmas sewing the final week before the big day. Talk about leaving things till the last minute. I'm going to blame it on feeling under the weather earlier this month but we all know there was some procraftination thrown in there as well.   


I'm sewing more pants, Simplicity 2372, for Mama R after she requested another pair of wool pants. She wants black pants and I happened to find a lovely wool and cashmere blend at Mitchell Fabrics. My plan was to only purchase what I needed to make one pair of pants. But the clerk offered the rest of the bolt at 50% off since it would have become a remnant piece. With some creative pattern placement, I was able to cut out two pairs of pants!  


Next up are Christmas sewing projects for some co-workers' kids. I've been waiting for the opportunity to sew up this vintage pattern, McCall's 9278 (circa 1968), for quite some time. And this past summer, I stumbled across a 100% waffle weave cotton that would be perfect for nightwear. I'm making two robes, a tie version for a little lass and the double breasted version for a little gentleman. Goodness, it is such a cute pattern, I hope these turn out.   

Well, the pants are almost done. They won't be a Christmas present surprise since I need Mama R to try them on so I can hem them.  The pattern pieces and fabric for the robes are on the cutting table to be cut. It's the perfectly chilly day to stay in a sew and hopefully, I'll be able to finish up these tonight.  

Well, I should get busy. How is your Christmas sewing coming along? Are you done or is there anyone else out there in the mad rush with sewing machines humming?  

Happy Sewing!  



3 comments:

  1. I'm with you I still have to make a pair of pj pants for my daughter and a Komono jacket for my niece. I have no excuse I'm just last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some ornaments to finish up, but until I finish the cross stitching portion.... Hopefully I will be in the sewing room finishing these up mid week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday is my last day at work, so I'll have to finish one more robe and another Vogue 1455 dress up by mid-week.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...