Tuesday 1 November 2016

Revisions

Back in August when I was thinking about what autumn sewing projects I wanted to work on I came up with a list that's... well, it turns out to be just plain crazy. 


This plaid wrap skirt is on hold as I've gained a few pounds and not feeling it right now. Hence, all the elastic waist maxi skirts that recently entered my wardrobe. I'm going to replace this project with a new robe. I could really use a new robe.  I plan to revisit OOP Simplicity 7417 for this project.  


Oh yes, and I had plans for another pair of dress pants and a matching vest.  


I was going to make these in a charcoal coloured British wool. But a new vest and dress pants just don't fit into my current work life assignment where kneeling on the floor, tying shoe laces are the norm. These items would be way too dressy for work. 


Instead, I'm going to try to make knickers again with McCall's 7168. I like the high-waisted vintage vibe on these bottoms.  


There was also this Donna Karan dress I wanted to make but again, too dressy for my current work assignment.  


Same goes for this shirt and jumper. I had plans to make it in a burgundy colour British wool that is way nice for work wear.  


And this Donna Karan sweater / cape will have to wait. Maybe next year?


But this Lynn Mizono design is back on the make list. I could use another version of this super comfortable dress for work.

So, there we have my new revised list that I hope to tackle this month.

  1. New robe (just finished cutting it out this evening and changed the thread on the machines)
  2. Knickers
  3. New dress for work
And hopefully, I'll find some time to do some sewing for Mama R. She would like to have another pair of pants and another top. So, what are your sewing plans this month?  

Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...